What Personal Information do we collect?
"Personal information" is information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual, such as the individual’s name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number. We may collect the following Personal Information from users that register on our Site, use the services offered on our Site, purchase a gift card, subscribe to a newsletter, apply for a job, participate in a survey, sweepstakes or contest, send an inquiry or other communication to us, or respond to communications initiated by us:
- E-mail address
- Phone number
- Age or date of birth
- Zip code
The submission of Personal Information is voluntary. However, you may not be able to access certain services or features on our Site unless you register and provide such Personal Information. For example, you cannot participate in our sweepstakes without providing us certain Personal Information that we need to conduct that promotion.
We may use the Personal Information we collect in the following ways:
- to develop, enhance, market, sell, or otherwise provide information, products, or services;
- to contact and respond to any communications from users;
- to provide you information about McAlister’s and its products, services, offerings and promotions;
- to conduct or administer contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions in which you have participated; and
- to develop and manage our business and operations.
We may also track non-personal information about web pages and content accessed by visitors (see Cookies below) to the Site and the number of times such content is accessed by a specific user. For example, we may track the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, IP addresses or unique device identifiers of visitors, the web browsers used by visitors, and any linking to Linked Site (defined below). An IP address is associated with the access point through which you enter the Internet, and is typically controlled by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or your company. We may collect this non-personal information to improve the quality of the Site and the products and services offered through the Site.
We store personal and other information we collect through the Site on servers located in the United States. By providing us your Personal Information you consent to its transfer to the United States.
When and to whom do we disclose Personal Information?
We may disclose Personal Information in the following situations:
- We may disclose Personal Information to our affiliates, franchisees and to third parties (e.g., data storage and processing facilities) that we use to assist us in providing our services, as more fully described below;
- We may disclose Personal Information where you have specifically authorized us to do so in connection with registering at our Site or in some other written communication;
- We may disclose Personal Information if required by law, court, and administrative agency order, subpoena, or other legal action, or by law enforcement;
- We may disclose Personal Information if it is found that your use of the Site violates this Policy or if it is deemed reasonably necessary by McAlister’s to protect McAlister’s legal rights and/or property, or the rights and/or property of third parties;
- Finally, we may disclose Personal Information upon a transfer or sale to another entity of all or substantially all of our stock or assets in the line of business that this Policy relates or upon any other corporate reorganization.
On occasion, we contract with trusted third party providers who would receive your Personal Information to perform certain services on our behalf. Through our contractual arrangements, we require our contracting partners to maintain adequate security of Personal Information provided to them. We do not permit such third parties to sell your Personal Information to other third parties, however such third parties may share non-personally identifiable aggregate data (such as user demographics, website activity, purchase history, and other statistical information) and de-identified individual data and profiles with third parties for market research and other purposes. Here are some of the third parties that we use to provide services:
- We use Zipscene LLC to help us operate our website and administer various activities. To learn more about how Zipscene LLC uses information you provide to our Site, please visit zipscene.com/privacy.
- We use Fishbowl to send you information (i.e. "Deligrams") regarding news and information about McAlister’s and its products, services, promotions, and offerings. Information you provide when signing up for Deligrams may be stored and used by Fishbowl to send you such Deligrams.
Except as noted above, McAlister’s does not sell, rent, or transmit Personal Information to other organizations.
The Site may, from time to time, provide links to other third party websites ("Linked Sites") which are outside our control and not covered by this Policy and may have privacy policies that are different from this Policy. For example, McAlister’s is not responsible for the acts or omissions of any Linked Site. You are encouraged to review the privacy policies posted on all Linked Sites before using them or providing them Personal Information.
Our Site and services do not and will not target, and not intended to solicit or attract, children. McAlister’s does not knowingly solicit Personal Information from children or send them requests for Personal Information. For the purposes of this Policy, children means anyone under the age of 13.
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to correctly use the information we collect online. However, we cannot guarantee absolute security because information on the internet and in electronic storage is never 100% secure or error-free.
Updates to Personal Information
You may update or delete the Personal Information that you provide to us by submitting a request by email to Privacycontact@mcalistersdeli.com or by writing to us at the following address: McAlister’s Corporation, c/o Privacy Contact, 4501 North Point Parkway, Ste 100
Alpharetta, GA 30022 .
Notification of Changes
We reserve the right to amend this Policy at any time and without prior notice. We will post the updated Policy to this Site. Your use of the Site or services after the updated Policy is posted constitute your acceptance of such changes, whether or not you have reviewed them. Your sole and exclusive remedy if you do not agree with such changes is to cease your use of the Site and the services.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California residents can make such a request by e-mailing us at Privacycontact@mcalistersdeli.com or by writing to us at the following address: McAlister’s Corporation, c/o Privacy Contact, 4501 North Point Parkway, Ste 100
Alpharetta, GA 30022 .
If you have a question about this Policy, you can send an e-mail to McAlister’s at Privacycontact@mcalistersdeli.com. You can also contact us at this address if you have a question about McAlister’s handling of your Personal Information.